Cameron visits Angelo State and No. 11 Tarleton State
October 25, 2018
Cameron University Athletics
Kenton Means – Sports Information Director
LAWTON, Okla. — The Cameron women’s volleyball team faces a tough road trip as they take on RV Angelo State on Friday and No. 11 Tarleton State on Saturday.
G1) Cameron at Angelo State | Oct. 26 at 7 p.m. | San Angelo, Texas | Live Stats | Live Video
G2) Cameron at Tarleton State | Oct. 27 at 1 p.m. | Stephenville, Texas | Live Stats | Live Video
– For the first time in five matches, Cameron went to five sets, after giving No. 21 Texas A&M-Commerce a scare on Tuesday in a 3-2 loss.
– Sophomore middle Jazmine Luster has been on a tear for CU at the net, recording 25 total blocks in the last four matches, including a career high 10 against the Lions.
– Aggie libero Brittnee Altic is just five digs away from reaching 500 on the season and is 44 away from hitting the 1,000 career dig mark.
– Angelo State leads the Lone Star Conference with 158 service aces and 1.65 per set, led by Meghan Parker who has 44 aces and averages 0.46 per set.
– No. 11 Tarleton State is on a 21 match win streak and ranks No. 1 statistically in the nation in total blocks and second in blocks per set; Hannah McManus leads the charge with a Division II best 129 total rejections.
About the Aggies:
– Cameron now sits at 3-23 overall in 2018 and 1-15 in conference play after their 3-2 loss to No. 21 Texas A&M-Commerce on Tuesday.
– The Aggies are second in the Lone Star Conference with 223 total blocks and 2.14 per set, recording 29 in the last two matches.
– Altic not only leads the team with 495 total digs, but is also second in the league with 43 service aces at 0.41 per set.
– Brandy Carr leads the team and is ranked No. 12 in DII with 114 total blocks, while Luster, Paige Dixon, and Ashleigh McFatridge have combined for 167 rejections.
– Dixon has a team-high 254 kills, while Carr has chipped in 188 and Shantalle Demirjian has 162.
– Katherine Manning leads CU with 541 assists in 2018, while Bailee Smith now has 207 total assists after recording 20 against TAMUC.
Scouting the Rambelles:
– Angelo State enters the contest with a 19-7 overall record and a 12-4 conference mark, which is good for third in the league standings.
– As a team, ASU is one of the top defensive teams in the league, ranking first in opponent hitting percentage and opponent kills.
– Parker not only leads the team in aces, but also is tops on the roster and second in the LSC with 950 assists, averaging 9.90 per set.
– A trio of Rambelles have racked up over 200 kills, with Audrey Fragniere leading the way with 263 and Sundara Chinn and Baleigh Allen adding 223 and 201 respectively.
– Chinn also leads the team with 292 digs on the season, and Allen has a team best 88 total blocks.
– In their match at the Aggie Gym, CU had 10 blocks in a 3-1 loss to the Rambelles; Parker had 52 assists and Allen had a team-high 15 kills, while for CU, Dixon had 16 kills and Altic had a match-high 21 digs.
Scouting the TexAnns:
– Entering the weekend Tarleton State is No. 1 in the LSC standings with a 24-2 overall record and a 16-0 league mark; they are just one win away from clinching a share of the regular season title and two from claiming the outright championship.
– TSU is not only first in blocks, but also has an LSC best .251 hitting percentage while averaging 13.21 kills and 12.08 assists per set.
– Three TexAnns have reached the 200 kills plateau, with Adriana Darthuy leading the way with 265, Lauren Kersey adding 219, and Amber Strange collecting 202.
– Blanca Izquierdo has a team best 539 assists, while Kayla Brannon has 402.
– Defensively, Adriana Knutson has a team-high 408 digs, and at the net McMannus has 129 total blocks and Sofia Tonga has 108.
– TSU had a dominant win in their first match against the Aggies, outscoring them 75-41 in the three set win, Strange led the TexAnns with 10 kills and McManus had seven total blocks.
– Cameron will begin their final week of the season by hosting MSU Texas on Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 5:30 p.m.
Sports Information Director – Cameron University
2800 W. Gore Blvd., South Shepler 512
Lawton, OK 73505
Office – (580) 581-2303
Cell – (580) 583-2210
Fax – (580) 581-5537